In 1993, the Indiana Leadership Program was founded by businessman Al Hubbard, political activist Roger Schmelzer and community leader Joe Hale to prepare qualified individuals for civil service and to generate a greater understanding of the political process.
Today, in its second decade of operation, the Indiana Leadership Forum is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational organization dedicated to preparing Indiana's most talented free enterprise, limited government minded community and business leaders for greater civic involvement, public service, or leadership roles throughout the state.
The Indiana Leadership Forum is an effective tool for class members and alumni to actively network with professionals from across the state, interact with state elected officials and political experts, and increase participation in Indiana politics.
Nearly 500 Hoosiers have graduated from the Indiana Leadership Forum and many have served Indiana in a variety of important leadership positions, including:
• United States Member of Congress
• State Senators
• State Representatives
• County Prosecutors
• County Commissioners
• Elected Judges
• Indiana Secretary of Commerce
• Commissioner, Workforce Development
• Indiana Election Commission
• Indiana Transportation Finance Authority
• General Counsel to the Office of the Governor
• Indiana Senate Chief of Staff
• County, City, and Town Council Members
• Staff Members of Federal, State, and Local government offices
• Members of State and Local Boards and Commissions
• State, County, and Local Political Party Office Holders
• Various leadership positions in Indiana business and philanthropic organizations
» Click here to learn more about applying.